Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mason Jar Salad - Taco Salad

Oh my! This is a mason jar salad you do NOT want to miss. Amazing!! So easy and tastes fantastic. And have I mentioned how much I love mason jar salads? They save great and it's so nice to have lunches for the week that don't require prep every morning! Oh, not to mention this stuff is healthy! Tastes great + healthy = score!!

Finished Taco Salad

This recipe will make 4 16oz mason jar salads. Adjust the quantities if you are making different sizes.

Dressing:
5 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp honey
2 Tbsp EVOO
1-2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt

Salad:
1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used yellow and orange)
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 small avocado, diced (use lime juice to reduce browning)
4 Tbsp salsa
Sliced lettuce to fill

To start, get the quinoa cooking as it takes the longest. Next, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. Taste and adjust the salt, cumin, and honey levels to your desire. Pour evenly in the bottom of the 4 jars.

Then all that's left is to chop up all the ingredients and layer in the jar in the order they are listed above (black beans, diced peppers, green onions, quinoa, avocado, salsa, and top with lettuce). After I rinsed the black beans, I patted them dry with paper towel. I did the same thing with the quinoa.

Then store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Did I already mention how easy these were? I do plan to make some shredded chicken this week to top the salad with.When you're ready to eat, shake the jar and pour onto a plate. You can also top with sour cream (I used low fat) or cheese. Enjoy!

So good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment