Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ultimate Reset Microgreen Salad Mason Jars

As I'm sure you know by now, I'm currently doing the Ultimate Reset. If you don't know, where have you been or where are you hiding?? One of the biggest commitments with the Ultimate Reset is meal planning and prep. So anything I can do to help with less meal prep is great! Well, as you also know, I'm a HUGE fan of mason jar salads. That's where this post comes in.

The first week on the Reset, I made a salad for myself almost every night, either for lunch or dinner. It wasn't until the end of the week that I thought, well this is dumb, why not make it all at once and then I can just grab and go! So for week 2, that's exactly what I did.

This is a very simple recipe and salad, but very filling and delicious. Especially with the dressing. You can also add in any other veggies that you enjoy and top with whatever protein you like - chicken would be perfect! You can also top with toasted seeds or nuts (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, etc).

Best part - without the toppings, these are ULTIMATE RESET APPROVED!!!

Finished Mason Jar Salads
Here are the salad ingredients. This is enough for 4 16oz mason jars.

1 bag mixed greens
1 C shredded carrots (I cut mine into match stick sized pieces)
1 C chopped cucumber
1 C chopped red pepper (I used yellow)
1 C sprouts (I did not include these in mine)
1 C chopped tomato (I used cherry tomatoes because they last longer in the mason jar)
1 C jicama (again, I did not include this)
Fresh herbs of your choice (basil, cilantro, dill, etc)

And the dressing ingredients:
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/8 C red wine vinegar
2 T balsamic vinegar (if desired)
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp Ground pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp honey, agave, or pure maple syrup (I used syrup)
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fresh herbs of your choice (basil, cilantro, dill, etc)

To make, I combined all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisked together. Then I poured the dressing evenly over the bottom of the four mason jars. Then you add in the vegetables in layers as follows: red pepper, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, sprouts (if added), jicama (if added), and fresh herbs. Top with the mixed greens to fill as much as possible. Screw on the tops and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you're ready to eat, shake it up, pour it out, and ENJOY!

Did I mention how easy and yummy these are?

Ready to Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment